Are your training programs consistently improving? Are they staying current with worker, station and industry needs and standards? How do you know? How effective are your self-assessments and subsequent corrective actions? Are your corrective actions sustainable? Are they actually improving performance as intended?
These and many more questions can be answered with a comprehensive training department self-assessment program/process.
History has shown that weak self-assessment programs and processes are at the heart of many accreditation and/or probation issues. Training managers who have had training programs go on probation have stated that weak self-assessment programs/processes were a significant contributor. Many training programs today use generic site self-assessment procedures to control and direct the special needs of training. Many lack detail and focus that will ensure consistent high quality results every time. The quality of your self-assessment program is dependent on what you’ve put in.
Take a moment to review your current procedure/process. Does it contain specific detail in the following areas?
If you find you may need detail in any of these areas contact us for a review of your current self-assessment procedure/process.
- Clear definitions of the self-assessment activities required/conducted, reports written, and actions taken.
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all who are involved with the self-assessment process.
- A well defined and clearly written self-assessment plan/schedule.
- Self-assessment team composition and qualification.
- Team training requirements.
- How to conduct the actual self-assessment.
- An all inclusive self-assessment preparation checklist.
- A template to ensure consistency in writing the self-assessment plan.
- A guide for team members to complete as a part of their training.
- A template for writing the final report.