Mike has over 39 years of operational and safety leadership in the commercial nuclear power industry. Prior to Werner Leading Solutions, he served as the General Manager of Nuclear Oversight for a Fortune 500 utility company based in the Midwest focusing on Quality Assurance and Safety Conscious Work Environment. Mike has also performed in that same senior leadership role for six nuclear power plants in NRC Region III. Some of Mikes other accomplishments include:
· Was a nuclear Plant Manager of a dual unit Pressurized Water Reactor for five years, during which time he provided the leadership and oversight for a $120 million steam generator replacement project that was completed on time, under budget and without a single recorded personnel injury.
· Possessed a NRC issued Reactor Operators License as well as a Senior Reactor Operator License. He was qualified as a simulator instructor and was responsible for the development and administration of initial license, audit, and operator requalification exams.
· Significant experience in the area of labor relations and has successfully negotiated several first time labor agreements as well as several renewals of existing labor agreements.
· Safety Manager of a nuclear power plant where he led the station in earning the highest safety performance award from the Minnesota Safety Council for six consecutive years and established an industry leading injury prevention program.
· Participated as an industry executive/team USA Nuclear Safety Culture Assessments, Nuclear Industry Evaluation Program Assessments and several Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO) Training Academy accreditation renewal mock boards.
· Lead Nuclear Safety Culture Assessment Teams for Utility Service Alliance at for multiple United States stations and led a multi-national team for a first time assessment of six nuclear units in Slovakia.
Mike has more than 25 years of safety and civic leadership serving as a firefighter/paramedic in his community. He was an elected official for the positions of city council for eight years and mayor for 16 years. Mike has served on numerous boards of directors and played a key role in establishing the growth strategy for his city and other Minnesota cities through the Minnesota League of Mayors.
· Senior Nuclear Power Plant Management course - Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, Atlanta, GA
· Executive Nuclear Leadership - Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
· Member of National Fire Protection Association
· Professional Member Society of Fire Protection Engineers
· Member National Association Employee Concern Professionals
· Certified Utility Safety Administrator - National Safety Council
· License Reactor Operator and Senior Reactor Operator Licenses