Frank S. Tsakeres, Ph.D.
Dr. Tsakeres is a nuclear engineering and power plant professional with 32 years of diversified technical and managerial experience in the areas of training, operations, maintenance, radiation protection, chemistry and emergency preparedness. In his corporate, plant, and consulting work, Frank has interfaced with regulatory agencies and private industry.
- Director of Performance Consulting Division, NWI, Knoxville Tennessee, Specialists in Power Plant Operations, Maintenance, Training and Radiation Protection/Chemistry.
- Client engagements include working as a business partner with the power industry, academic institutions and other commercial and industrial businesses.
- Consulting services include accreditation plan design and implementation, accrediting Board preparation, organization development and discipline specific analyses and assessments, coaching and mentoring training directors and senior managers/executives.
- Assessment/Safety Review in the areas training, operations, maintenance, radiation protection, chemistry and emergency preparedness (e.g., 95-003 evaluations, Maintenance equipment/mockup adequacy evaluations, operator NRC exam preparations, outage assessments, and leadership and organizational development initiatives).
- Director of Training for Exelon’s Midwest Regional Operating Group.
- Maintenance Director and Training Director for Exelon’s Clinton Power Station.
- Radiation/Chemistry Manager and Training Director for Exelon’s Quad Cities Station.
- Manager, Operations Support Site Engineering for TVA’s Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant.
- Senior Reactor Operator (SRO), Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
- Senior Corporate Health Physicist at Georgia Power.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Health Physics and Nuclear Engineering, from Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN.
- Root Cause Analyses (KT, Tap Root, PII,), 50.59 (safety analyses), switchyard, and shift technical advisor qualified.
Professional Affiliations and Board Experience
- Board of Directors, Alabama Chapter Health Physics Society (HPS), 1988-91.
- Safety Review Board, Quad Cities, LaSalle, Clinton and Maine Yankee Stations, 1994-2003.
- Lead for six site Operations Training Program accreditation conducted by Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO); first multi-site evaluation completed with “no findings” and many strengths.
- Reduction of recordable and lost time accidents by 30% through aggressive safety program development including management commitment, employee training and education.
- Increased maintenance productivity resulting in work management indicators improvements by 10 to 50%.
- Developed processes and programs in area of radioactive material release that proved effective when evaluated by INPO and Nuclear Regulatory Commission during audits.