Mr. Paul Troia is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of managerial and implementation experience in the area of Instrumentation and Controls. Paul is a hands on, operations management professional with 30+ years of experience, and consistent achievement of project goals. Mr. Troia is efficient and organized with a track record of maintaining profitability, productivity and complex problem solving through all project phases.
- 2013-Present - Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- PM Optimization Project, PPL's Susquehanna Steam Electric Station
- 1980-2013 - James A. Fitzpatrick Nuclear Power Plant, Lycoming, New York.
- 1998-2013 - I&C Chief Planner
- Qualified and trained in the following: Indus Passport, Maximo, and Microsoft programs. EPRI certified.
Planned work packages for I&C technicians to perform maintenance repair, troubleshooting, of all plant equipment.
- Planned work packages for the performance of PMs of plant equipment.
- Wrote testing plans following maintenance, inspection, and repair on plant equipment.
- Wrote Equipment Impact for work packages along with Tagout suggestions for equipment and personnel safety.
- Reserved required parts to perform maintenance activities along with creating new part descriptions for work orders.
- Created work packages for plant Modifications. Utilizes engineering design documents and creates how to perform activities for Technicians. Planned a large number of major modifications with requirement for I&C support at Fitzpatrick.
- Maintained I&C Chief shop qualifications while in Planning Department and performed duties of I&C Chief Technician at various Nuclear Power Plants during shared services. Performed I&C Chief duties during refuel outages at JAF to maintain the ElectroHydraulic Control System (EHC) and the Main Turbine.
- 1982-1998 - I&C Chief Technician
- Performed maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and surveillance of all plant equipment.
- Directed other technicians in the performance of work orders for maintenance, repair, troubleshooting according to plant procedures.
- Performed surveillance tests on plant equipment per plant procedures
- Assisted in the training, qualifications, and certification of technicians in accordance with JAF Apprenticeship Training Program
- 1980-1982 - I&C Technician
- Under general supervision performed maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and surveillance of all plant equipment.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Technology (12/17/2004)
- Excelsior College, University State of New York
- New York State Department of Labor (04/20/1989)
- Four-Year Apprenticeship Program Certified Journeyman Instrument Mechanic National Academy for Nuclear Training, Journeyman Instrument Mechanic
- United States of America, Federal Communications Commission (01/2/1985) General Radiotelephone Operator License (FCC)
- Associate in Applied Science (05/1978), State University of New York at Canton New York
- Additional Training:
- Main Generator and Exciter General Physics Corporation 08/26/1994
- EHC Mark 1 / TSI School Schenectady Learning Systems 07/21/1989
- Large Steam Turbine-Generator Mark I Electro-Hydraulic Controls G. E. Installation & Service Engineering Division 06/17/1982
- Nuclear Instrumentation Course G.E. Nuclear Services 11/21/1980