Mr. Bill Poirier is a power plant professional with 30+ years of diversified technical and managerial experience in the areas of engineering, operations, maintenance, training and emergency preparedness. He has interfaced with various regulatory agencies as well as private industry groups. Bill's experience lies in analytical problem solving, senior management practices, organizational development and transition issues , training and learning analyses, budgeting, policy and procedure development and operational risk management. Mr. Poirier is efficient and organized with a track record of maintaining profitability, productivity and complex problem solving through all project phases. He has demonstrated strong leadership with a team based performance model and a particularly strong interpersonal communications skill.
- 2012-Present - Senior Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- 1990-2012 - SCE (So.California Edison) SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station), San Clemente, CA.
- 2010-2012 - Interim Director of Operations & Shift Manager, Interfaced with INPO Policy Note 14 team and developed programs for improvements in operator behavior and plant status control issued; developed plans utilizing recommendations from INPO, RCE’s (root cause evaluations), Sr. Leadership Team and NRC Column 2 findings; and responsible for managing a crew of 30 licensed and non-licensed operators tasked with the safe operation of a dual unit Pressurized Water Reactor and its associated systems during both normal online operations and refueling outages.
- 2009-2010 - Operations Work Control Manager. Leader of the Operations Work Control group consisting of about 35 personnel with duties for planning the online and outage work schedules for San Onofre.
- 1997-2009 - Sr Reactor Operator/Shift Technical Advisor, Operations Equipment Control Manager, & Control Room Supervisor. On shift Control Room Supervisor (SRO license required), STA, SM as required working 12 hr rotating shifts in the SONGS dual unit Control Room. Temporary off shift Work Assignment reporting to the Operations Work Control Manager. Responsible for the evaluation, development, preparation and review of all work packages.
- 1990-1997 - System Engineer. Main system focus was the Emergency Diesel Generators (EDG’s). Other systems were assigned to me in addition to the EDG’s such as the Fire Suppression System and Secondary Sumps and Drains.
- 1989-1990 - San Diego Seal. Field Service Engineer providing expertise to SONGS in the rotating equipment/sealing technology area.
- 1981-1987 - SEDCO-FOREX/Schlumberger, Engineer Trainee.Oil rig management program.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Marine Engineering Massachusetts Maritime Academy 1981.
- Various Management and Technical industry related classes, certificates available on request, (e.g. SRO license, EIT certificate, RCE lead qualification, several in house leadership classes Situational Leadership, etc)