Charles A. Pardi
Mr. Pardi has over thirty years of progressive experience in nuclear plant operations. Licensed or certified on three different reactor designs. Provides extensive regulatory and technical expertise and problem solving experience to identify and resolve issues. Developed and implemented improvement initiatives in Operations, Work Management, Maintenance, Licensing, Training, conduct of FIN team, and Radwaste Operations. Experience with design and license basis reviews (FSAR, EDSFI, OSRE). A skilled manager, supervisor and mentor with a history of driving improvements in standards and expectations at all levels of the organization.
- Provided accreditation consultant services for multiple nuclear plants preparing for accreditation renewal and probation recovery.
- Assigned as a senior evaluator in training and accreditation group of the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, completing 20-plus accreditation team visits for both operations and maintenance training at power plants throughout the United States.
- Provided training assistance to multiple plants, including South Africa’s Koeberg Nuclear Plant, the first international plant to seek U.S. training accreditation.
- Entergy – Grand Gulf Nuclear Station (Current) and Pilgrim Station (May 2013 – July 2013)
Contract Nuclear Oversight (Quality Assurance) Assessor – Operations, Maintenance, Work Control.
- Entergy – Grand Gulf Nuclear Station (April 2011-June 2012) and River Bend Station (June 2012-May 2013)
Contract Maintenance Coordinator, Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Responsible to the Maintenance Manager for reinforcing standards and expectations and strong leadership, while providing motivational, team-building, communication, negotiation, conflict management and change management skills. Responsible to aggressively push initiatives forward, take ownership, and always seek continuous improvement. Specific responsibilities include the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation and controls Corrective Action Program implementation, trending of performance indicators, outage preparation and execution, and INPO preparation. Act as alternate for the Maintenance Manager for Fleet Peer initiatives, Corrective Action Review Boards, and maintenance management representation as required.
- Entergy – Grand Gulf Nuclear Station and River Bend Station, St Francisville, LA - Responsible to the Maintenance Manager for developing and coordinating maintenance department improvement initiatives and activities. Responsibilities include oversight of maintenance corrective action, assessment, and trending processes including monitoring for quality, completeness, and timeliness, responding to incidents, performing human performance error analysis, and conducting MARC meetings. Duties also include trending, identifying, and correcting performance deficiencies. Additional responsibilities are developing schedules to reduce backlogs, including development, tracking and oversight of a detailed resource loaded project plan that accomplishes an Elective Maintenance work order backlog reduction and also the coordination, oversight, and execution of the maintenance outage work order walk-down and pre-outage work milestones that include feedback to planning and correction of deficiencies.
- Excel Energy – Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant, Welch, MN (Junw, 2008 to December 2009) - Work Management Recovery Project. Responsible for the overall management of an integrated project to address plant equipment reliability gaps. The project provides Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant (PINGP) with an integration of project resources and controls with the site “Fix It Now” (FIN) team to address long-standing equipment issues and equipment aging and obsolescence.
- Work Management Recovery Project - Responsible for the development and execution of the Functional Equipment Group (FEG) element of the Work Management Recovery Plan. Deliverables include FEG development guidelines, creation and training of a FEG development and implementation team, establishment and tracking of a FEG production schedule, FEG and model clearance document development.
- Entergy – River Bend Station, St Francisville, LA.
- Operations Supervisor (August, 2005 to June, 2008) - Responsible for the oversight and direction of the on-line work control and radwaste functions in the plant. This includes responsibility for leadership, direction, and oversight of the classification, scheduling, and conduct of on-line maintenance activities as well as a broad range of activities associated with radwaste programs, plant modifications and improvements execution in support of operations and maintenance activities. Extensive experience using PASSPORT and eSOMS.
- Senior Operations Specialist / Operations Supervisor (August, 1997 to August, 2005) - Responsible for developing and implementing short, medium, and long-range Operations initiatives. Areas include compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements, implementation and facilitation of performance improvement efforts, implementation of site Human Performance Improvement Team recommendations, analysis of performance and assessment data, and determination and coordination of actions. As Operations Supervisor, responsible for the identification, scheduling, assignment, monitoring of work and individual development for Operations personnel. Areas include: corrective action identification, implementation, and review; performance improvement plan development, implementation, and tracking; Operations improvement plan development, implementation, and tracking; Operating procedure development and revision; performance analysis; crew scheduling; departmental budget preparation, administration, and forecasting; and modification oversight.
- Coordinator - Operations Support, Senior Operations Instructor (ay, 1994 to August, 1997) - In these positions, responsible for special River Bend Station improvement initiatives. These initiatives include:
- River Bend Procedure Upgrade Project. Responsible for consolidation of resources and establishment of a functional organization, plan, and schedule for this successful project.
- Nuclear Licensing burden reduction to organize and coordinate the activities necessary to accomplish the successful commitment tracking and regulatory burden reduction project.
- Operations Training Material Upgrade project.
- Other Past Positions:
- Arkansas Nuclear One, Three Mile Island Unit 1, Prairie Island. Senior Operations Specialist
As Senior Operations Specialist, responsible for the development and conduct of assigned operations support tasks to meet plant operational and licensing commitments. These areas include control room advisor, operating procedure development/revision, technical specification surveillance, NSSS/BOP systems performance analysis, emergency planning and outage support.
- Duke Energy's McGuire Station, Instructor - Operator Training and Simulator Operations - As a member of the operations training department was responsible for training of nuclear operators on the McGuire/Catawba simulator. Classroom training included discussions in all the academic areas required of licensed operators in preparation for the NRC examination including fundamental areas of mathematics, heat transfer, fluid flow, thermodynamics and electrical theory. Prepared and administered RO and SRO written and oral audit examinations. Responsible for the development of transient analysis techniques utilized to train Shift Technical Advisors, Senior Reactor Operator, and Reactor Operator candidates. Certified at the SRO level.
- Oconee and Catawba Nuclear Stations, Control Room Operator - As an NRC licensed operator at Oconee Units 1, 2 & 3 was responsible for the operations of the reactor under all phases including start-up, shut-down, transient and normal operations. Transferred to Catawba Nuclear Station and Cold Certified at the SRO level.
- Oconee Nuclear Station, Equipment Operator - Performed all duties of a non-licensed operator while preparing for the NRC license examination. Fast track licensed as an NRC reactor operator after only one and a half years at the facility.
Related Military Experience
- US Navy, Nuclear Submarine Fleet, Nuclear Electricians Mate, Qualified as Engineering Watch Supervisor
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- B&W PWR RO License, Oconee
- Westinghouse PWR SRO Certification, Catawba
- GE BWR SRO Certification, River Bend
- 40 semester hours toward Electrical Engineering Degree