Mr. Terry Johnson is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of national and international management, consulting and implementation experience in the area of Operations, Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical Maintenance and Training. Terry has a proven record managing initial license and licensed operator training, as well as providing valuable consulting support in Maintenance. Terry is proficient at developing NRC operator examinations and providing technical expertise in all facets of operations with his strong SRO and maintenance with his extensive Electrical Maintenance background. His principle strengths are his considerable hands-on experiences, his attention to detail, and his transferable passion/commitment to excellence.
- 2008-Present - Performance Improvement Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- March 2008 to January 2009 - Bruce Nuclear Station Performing development duties to assist the plant with proceeding toward accreditation efforts in the Maintenance Training Department. Developing the initial and continuing training program to insure it meets SAT criteria. Developing Line ownership of the training process and Training Department relationships.
- March 2007 to Dec 2007 - LaSalle County Nuclear Station Performed Licensed Operator Initial and Requalification training in both classroom and simulator. Conducted Non Licensed Operator training both Initial and Requalification in the classroom.
- 2003 to 2007 - Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant Performed Licensed Operator Initial and Requalification training in both classroom and simulator. Completed Instructor qualifications and Senior Reactor Operator certification while assisting with Licensed Operator Requalification examination administration. Assisted in the development and administration of the 2004 and 2006 NRC Licensed Operator Biennial exams. One member of 4 core instructors with the 2005 Initial Licensed Operator Training class, resulting in a 100% success rate on the NRC exam. Performed Licensed Operator Requalification training as the Lead Simulator Instructor and as a member of the Initial License Operator Training Exam Development team.
- 2002-2003 - Cooper Nuclear Station Training Performed maintenance training for electricians at the station, including Initial training and Continuing training. Also, revised and developed new lesson plans.
- 1998-2001 - Various Utility Support Including;
- Duane Arnold Energy Center, Instructed Licensed Operators. Developed, revised and delivered training on system modifications performed for power uprate of the station.
- Perry Nuclear Station, Taught General Fundamentals to Initial License candidates, resulting in a 100% pass ratio.
- Dresden Nuclear Station, Instructed Initial License candidates in the simulator during the Emergency Operations phase and in preparations for Certification and Licensing. Revised simulator scenarios for both abnormal and emergency operations and delivered training in the simulator.
- Quad Cities Nuclear Station, Instructed students, both in the classroom and in the simulator on nuclear operations. Validated new core model design changes included during changeover to Ryan based simulator from Gould.
- Dresden Nuclear Station, Lesson Plan Upgrade Project requiring lesson plan validation through plant walkdowns, modification review, training work request review.
- 1994-1998 - Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies Company Electrician – Maintenance of electrical equipment at the Advanced Test reactor.
- 1991-1994 - EG&G Idaho - Maintenance of electrical equipment at the Advanced Test Reactor & Process Control Upgrade and the Loop Operating Control System installation and testing.
- 1075-1991 - U.S. Navy:
- USS Aspro SSN-648: Electrical Division Leading Petty Officer
- USS Sam Houston SSN-609: Electrical Division Leading Petty Officer
- NPTU Idaho Falls: Instructor, twice for a total of 5 ½ years.
- USS Finback SSN-670: Member of electrical division
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- BWR SRO Certification – LaSalle County Nuclear Station
- BWR SRO Certification – Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant
- Classroom Instructor/Simulator Floor Instructor and Operator Qualified - Exelon Corporation
- Simulator Instructor Training, Instructional Tools and Techniques, Instructional Design and Development Basics - General Physics Corporation
- U.S. Navy, 16 years in the nuclear power program, 10 ½ years qualified as Engineering Watch Supervisor. Served as an instructor at NPTU Idaho twice for a total of 5 ½ years and completed/qualified: Electrician Mate “A” School, Naval Nuclear Power School, Naval Nuclear Prototype Idaho, 400 Hertz Motor-Generator School, & Quality Control Inspector