Mr. Dennis Hansen is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of managerial and implementation experience in the area of Performance Improvement (Corrective Action, Self-Assessment, Benchmarking, and Operating Experience). Dennis is a hands on, operations management professional with 20+ years of experience, and consistent achievement of project goals. He is a skilled manager who introduces new processes while adhering to specifications in order to maintain highest quality levels. Mr. Hansen is efficient and organized with a track record of maintaining profitability, productivity and complex problem solving through all project phases.
- 2013-Present - Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- PM Optimization Project, PPL's Susquehanna Steam Electric Station
- 1980-2012 - SCE (So.California Edison) SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station), San Clemente, CA.
- 2011-2012 - Self-Assessment/Performance Improvement Manager, Responsible for the Self Assessment and Performance Improvement for the Maintenance Division at the San Onfore Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS)
- 2011-2012 - Assistant Maintenance Director, fulfilling many of the Directors responsibilities and member of the Corrective Action Review Board (CARB).
- 2009-2011 - FIN (Fix-It-Now) team manager. Responsible for a special cross-functional work team assembled as a self-sufficient work group designed to reduce maintenance backlogs.
- 1997-2009 - Mechanical Maintenance Manager. Directed all functions and activities supervising cross-functional team of 100-300 (supervisors, welders, mechanics, planners, support personnel). Ensured compliance with procedures and regulations, oversaw capital construction and facilities projects, and provided financial forecasts/alternate recommendations to senior management team. Conducted labor negotiations with the UWUA.
- 1997-2009 - Work Control Manager. Managed on-line activities of 2 nuclear power plants (each 1150 megawatts), developing and managing $50M budget. Scheduled, planned, and implemented site wide on-line schedule. Worked jointly with equipment control group to address and resolve issues. Developed tools to measure on-line work performance and managed PM Optimization.
- 1987-1995 - Outage Manager & Outage Planning Supervisor. Managed planning and implementation for refueling and forced outages at SONGS, managing 2,000+ personnel. Directed managers and delivered progress reports to senior management team. Formed teams to handle critical outage schedules. Oversaw Refueling Outage Budget of $50M with a Capital Budget of $12M. Tasked with reducing high outage duration times and improving ineffective outage performance.
- 1980-1987 - Control Room Supervisor & Plant Operator. Performed the duties of Equipment Plant Operator, Assistant Control Operator, Control Operator during construction, hot function testing, start-up and commercial operations at San Onfore Nuclear Generating Station. Obtained Reactor Operator’s License in 1982, and Senior Reactor Operator’s License in 1985. Performed the duties of Control Room Supervisor from 1985 to 1987.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- MBA from Pepperdine Univ., BS from Univ. of California, Presidential/Key Executive MBA Program.
- Bachelor of Science – Chemistry with a specialization in Biochemistry, Univ. of CA, San Diego, LaJolla, CA.
- Member of the STARS & Utility Services Alliance (USA) Maintenance Management Team.
- Site Emergency Director (SED) qualified..
- Nuclear Plant Senior Reactor Operator License, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, Units 2/3, Senior Operator License Number 50154, Operator Docket Number 55-8974.
- Nuclear Plant Reactor Operator License, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, Units 2/3, Operator License Number 6357, Operator Docket Number 55-8974.
- Leadership Grant & Jack K. Horton Humanitarian Award Recipient, Southern California Edison.
- Corporate Productivity Improvement Award Winner, Southern California Edison – Developed operational procedure changes which resulted in savings of $200,000 per year.