Mr. Marv Engen is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of managerial and implementation experience in the area of Engineering, Training, Licensing and Quality Assurance. Marv has a proven record managing a Engineering and Training programs, leading program/process recoveries, as well as mentoring senior leadership and department management. Marv is proficient at providing oversight of instructional staff for licensed and non-licensed operator continuing training programs: training material development, planning, and execution for performance improvement while maintaining operator proficiency and qualifications; conducting aging management evaluations for mechanical systems and components; integrating multi-disciplined technical information from mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering to perform calculations demonstrating compliance with the plant design basis and regulatory requirements; preparing/reviewing technical reports for submittal to the NRC (e.g. Power Uprate Submittals); performing system engineering duties and implementing station startup testing program. Additional responsibilities included preparing and reviewing testing procedures, review of system turnover from construction to operations, resolution of technical issues, and monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements.. His principle strengths are his considerable hands-on experiences, his attention to detail, and his transferable passion/commitment to excellence.
- 2009-Present - Senior Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- 1989-2009 - Supervisor Operations Continuing Training, Licensing Engineer, Systems/MOV Engineer, Quality Assurance, Xcel Energy, Monticello Nuclear Plant , Monticello, MN.
- 1985-1989 - Systems Engineer, Commonwealth Edison, Braidwood Nuclear Station, Braidwood, IL.
- 1981-1985 - Commissioned Officer/EOW, Submarine Service, US Navy.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant SRO Certification
- Simulator Floor Instructor Certification
- General Instructor Certification
- Naval Nuclear Power School and Prototype
- University of Wisconsin- Madison, Bachelor of Science, Nuclear Engineering
- Bachelor of Science, Naval Science