Mr. Keith Deck is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of managerial and implementation experience in the area of Quality Assurance, Training, Emergency Preparedness and Licensing. Keith has a proven record managing operations training and emergency preparedness programs. His principle strengths are his considerable hands-on experiences, his attention to detail, and his transferable passion/commitment to excellence.
- 2010 to Present – Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- TVA Browns Ferry, Quality Assurance Manager-Audited 95003 (column 4) responses prior to NRC submittals, Audited training probation activities for INPO accreditation in engineering, field inspections and routine Quality Assurance activities including surveillances of operations and refueling floor activities.
- OPPD Fort Calhoun Station, CAP/Instructional Support-Developed lesson plans and taught seven different CAP training programs for the CAP recovery effort
- PPL Susquehanna, Instructional Support-Coordinated the Operations training INPO mock boards for the station in preparation for the successful accreditation board. Generation of “white papers” for board preparation. Augmentation of training staff in corrective actions, issue resolution and implementation of the Ellis letter actions developed by the station.
- 2007 to 2009-Exelon Nuclear Corp., Emergency Preparedness Corporate Lead Instructor.
- 2000 to 2007-Exelon Nuclear Corp., LaSalle Station, Non-Licensed Operator Training Group Lead and Operations Instructor at LaSalle Station.
- 1998 to 2000-Commonwealth Edison, Nuclear Generation Group Operations Senior Training Specialist- instructed/provided functional direction to Nuclear Generation Group operations training personnel at the five different nuclear site locations.
- 1984 to 1998 - Commonwealth Edison, Dresden Station, Emergency Preparedness Trainer, On-Site Nuclear Safety Group, Nuclear Safety Engineer, Quality Assurance Inspector, and Nuclear Quality Programs staff engineer.
- 1984 to 1984 - Nine Mile Point Unit II, Niagara Mohawk Power Corp. ASME Pipe inspector
- 1980 to 1984 - Zimmer Nuclear Power Station, Quality Control Engineer/Technician in supervisory position responsible for the review of all work request packages, procedures and programs for QA/QC requirements.
- 1974 to 1980 - Machinist Mate with the U.S. Nuclear Navy assigned to the Nuclear Powered Submarine USS Skate (SSN 578). Served as a Machinist Mate 1st Class. Qualified as EWCS, ship’s diver, welder, and calibration coordinator.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- Special certification as a pressure piping inspector for the State of Ohio. #427
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office Suite, PassPort, LMX Test & other Learning Management Systems)