Mr. Bill Cheever is a nuclear power plant professional consultant with over 20 years experience in commercial and U.S. Naval nuclear power plant operation, maintenance, project management, operations and technical training, and administrative management. Bill has significant expertise in monitoring and evaluating nuclear plant operators, and department support personnel in the full spectrum of reactor operation, maintenance, training, and administration.
- 2007-Present - Senior Operations Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- 2004-2007 - Owner Operator, Small Equipment Supply, St. Cloud, MN. Small business owner operating all business operations, budgeting, forecasting, inventory control, employee management, payroll, taxes, sales, advertising, and customer service.
- 2002-2004 - Training Manager, Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant (MNGP). Responsible for oversight of all site training and qualification programs.
- 2002 General Supervisor, Operations Training, MNGP. Responsible for the overall management and conduct of operations training.
- 1999-2002 Principal Operations Instructor, MNGP. Responsible for all aspects of operator training, including non-licensed, initial licensed, and licensed operator requalification training in both the classroom and simulator.
- 1995-1999 - Director Business Development and Midwest Regional Manager, W. D. Associates. Responsible for development of new clients, contracts, project plans, and personnel management. Provided consulting services to various BWR nuclear facilities in the areas of Operations and I&C training.
- 1990-1998 - Operations and I&C Training Instructor, I&C Maintenance Engineer, and Project Manager, W. D. Associates. Provided consulting services at various BWR plants. Responsible for classroom and simulator instruction, license exam development, training material development, and project management in both operations and technical training programs at various nuclear stations. Also have experience in I&C system engineering/outage planning and support.
- 1981-1990 - United States Navy.
Academic Credentials and Qualifications
- 2002 - Carlson Business School of Management.
- 2002-2004 - Completed various supervisory and leadership development courses sponsored by the Nuclear Management Company.
- 2000-2002) - Associates of Business Management (North Hennepin Community College, Minnesota).
- 2000 - Certified Nuclear Power Plant BWR SRO, MNGP.
- 1990 - Certified Advanced Simulator Instructor, DAEC.
- 1990 - Certified Nuclear Power Plant BWR SRO, NMP-2.
- 1990 - Instructional Design, General Physics Corporation.
- 1990 - Certified BWR SRO Simulator Instructor, General Physics Corporation.
- 1988 - U. S. Navy Master Training Specialist.