Mr. Kevin Anderson is a nuclear power plant professional with a broad range of managerial and implementation experience in the areas of training programs and accreditation process, radiation protection programs, self-assessments and corrective action programs. . Kevin has a proven record managing accredited training programs, leading programs/processes in Radiation Protection, as well as advising senior leadership in his areas of expertise. Mr. Anderson is proficient at motivating a workforce to embrace training principles, Corrective Action and ALARA programs as well as guiding management teams through behavioral changes that support a learning organizational culture. His principle strengths are his considerable hands-on experiences, his attention to detail, and his transferable passion/commitment to excellence.
- 2014-Present - Consultant, NWI Consulting, LLC, Knoxville, TN.
- 2010-2013 - Radiological Engineering Manager, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. Managed Byron Radiation Protection ALARA programs and staff, including: Byron Station ALARA Committee (SAC) for planning, approval and monitoring Collective Radiation Exposure (CRE) for outage and on line work activities; Interfaced with NRC during routine audits; Interfaced with INPO during scheduled site Plant Evaluations & Assessments; Oversight of RP Technician (RPT) Training Program committees; Participated in Exelon Fleet and Industry ALARA peer groups; Established and monitored Byron’s CRE Business Plan goals; Developed and maintained Byron’s Dose Excellence Plan (included 5-Year Dose Reduction Plan); Served as RP Manager in Byron’s Emergency Response Organization. Achievements include: Two consecutive Byron Station bests for refueling outage Collective Radiation Exposure performance (B1R18 – Fall 2012, B2R16 – Fall 2011), Successful implementation of 2012 Dose Recovery Plans implemented due to unanticipated forced outages, Awarded INPO strength for site Collective Rad Exposure performance during INPO E&A in December 2012, Host Peer Evaluator for the November 2012 Byron INPO Maintenance & Technical Accreditation Team Visit (ATV) resulting in re-accreditation, and Team Lead – 2012 site Mid-Cycle Self-Assessment for Radiation Protection Programs.
- 2009-2010 -Radiation Protection Technical Support Manager, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. Managed Rad Protection technical programs and staff, including: Oversight of RP Department self-assessments; Interface with NRC during routine audits; Interface with INPO during scheduled site Plant Evaluation & Assessments; RP primary Site Oversight Committee (SOC) representative.
- 2005-2010 - Performance Improvement/Accreditation & Evaluation Specialist, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. Secretary of the Senior Training Council (STC); Supported/mentored instructors; Conducted Instructor Evaluations & Recommended Developmental Activities; Developed & Conducted Initial & Continuing Instructor Training; Coordinated Training Dept Self-Assessments/Benchmarks.
- 2003-2005 - Site Safety Professional & Radiation Protection Lead Operational First Line Supervisor, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. Oversight of Byron Station’s implementation of Industrial Safety Programs; Supported site departments with resolving safety issues & concerns. Supervised RP FLS’s & Technicians; Oversight of RP Support & Work Execution; Coordinated Supplemental RPT Resources for Outages; Site Oversight Committee (SOC) Representative; Oversight of RP Accredited Training Program and Outage Control Center (OCC) RP Outage Manager during Refueling Outages.
- 2001-2003 - Learning Services Manager, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. SAT Implementation & Oversight of all accredited training programs; Accreditation Preparedness – ASER Development; Monitor Training Programs Effectiveness and Instructor Training Program & Development. Accomplishments/responsibilities included; Exelon Fleet Transition Team member for INPO ACAD 02-001, Objectives & Criteria for Accreditation of Training; Byron representative for the 2003 Operations Mid-West common ASER; Peer Evaluator with 2002 INPO Accreditation Team for Davis-Besse M&T Training Programs (Radiation Protection and Chemistry Training Programs); Exelon Nuclear Fleet support for Comprehensive Self-Assessments (accreditation) for Dresden, Braidwood and Quad Cities; and Developed Training Effectiveness Evaluation Worksheet (TEEW) adopted as Exelon fleet process.
- 1997-2001 - Technical Training Group Lead, Exelon's Byron Station, Byron, IL. Major Responsibilities: Implementation & Oversight of Radiation Protection Technician & Chemistry Technician Training Programs; Oversight of NGET and Non-Accredited Training Programs. Accomplishments included; Developed ASER for Maintenance &Technical ATV; Successful Accreditation Renewal for M&T Training Programs; Developed Exelon’s Supplemental Radiation Protection Technician Qualification Process & Procedure and Developed Dynamic Learning Activity (DLA) template adopted as Exelon fleet standard.
- Environmental, Health &Safety Specialist, Radiation Protection Department (April 1994 to Nov 1997) – Byron Station, Chemistry Department (Sept 1989 to April 1994 – Byron Station. Major Responsibilities: Hazardous Waste Management; HazMat Emergency Response Coordinator; HazCom; Non-Rad Respiratory Program; Hazardous Material Transportation (DOT HM-181); Industrial Hygiene – Air Monitoring Program; Supervise & Oversight of Industrial Safety Advisor/Programs. Accomplishments/Responsibilities included; Developed site HazMat Emergency Response Organization, Integrated site Environmental and Industrial Safety Programs for One-Stop-Shop concept; and Conducted Pre-Outage Presentations for Contractor Work Force.
- Radiation Protection/Chemistry First Line Supervisor, Radiation Protection/Chemistry Department – Byron Station, March 1984 to Sept 1989. Major Responsibilities: Supervise RP and Chemistry Technicians; RP/Chemistry Tech Spec Surveillance Coordinator; Chemistry Lab & Counting Room Supervisor; RWP Development & Authorization.
- Radiation Protection/Chemistry Technician, Radiation Protection/Chemistry Department – Quad Cities Station, Feb 1980 to March 1984. Major Responsibilities: Provide Radiation Protection job coverage to minimize worker dose; Conduct Radiological Surveys; Obtain Radiological Air Samples; Performance Rad Shipping Surveys; Performance Chemistry Lab Analysis & Counting Room Analysis.
- School: Sauk Valley College – Graduated May 1979, Major: Pre-Engineering Curricula, Degree: Associate in Science
- Byron Plant Oversight Review Committee (PORC) member
- Byron Management Review Committee (MRC) member
- Byron Station Oversight Committee (SOC) member
- INPO Next Level Leadership Program
- INPO Training Manager Professional Development Seminar
- Instructor Qualified (Classroom/Lab)
- Qualified Instructor Evaluator
- OJT/TPE Qualified
- Targeted Selection
- Supervising for Results
- Rad/Chem Technician